Thursday 24 March 2011

Amelie: Amidst Flowers in Bloom

Amelie, my Volks Syo Beauty White Oldskin Sd-13 girl arrived today! She formerly belonged to Jola but has now come to live with the rest of the resin denizens of Arkadian Dreams. :-) She is my second Volks doll and brings the current tally to 14 dolls - with an additional head (a BW LuWen Elf vampire head to reshell Satin's character) on the way; in fact I believe it's currently sitting at Heathrow as I write!

Amelie's character was rather evident the moment she came out of the box; she "refused" the wig and eyes I'd intended for her, and wasn't much taken with the outfit I'd selected for her either! She's a bit of a stroppy madam - she was very kicky whilst I was trying to dress her and even pinched my finger in one of her knee joints, which is a first for me! It appears she's something of a feisty red-head; character and personality-wise she very much seems to have taken over Ren's position as bolshy resident ginger-headed girl now Ren has gone back to her owner redcountess.

A photoshoot amongst the blossoming honeysuckle and camellias in the garden seems to have mollified her somewhat, thankfully!

















Amelie's face-up was done a number of years ago by Evenstar. I'm intending to ever-so-slightly touch it up as Evenstar didn't paint her teeth, instead settling for airbrushing over them which I think is a shame - one of the attractions of the Syo sculpt for me are the little teeth! I shall also be giving her a delicate manicure and perhaps piercing her ears.